Wow,
In exactly a week I will be on a plane headed to Chicago, London and then finally Prague It doesn't seem real! I fly out March 25, Daniels birthday at 11:35. If my calculations are correct I will arrive in Prague at 7 AM on the 26th (Utah time). I will be in the air for 12 hours and 40 minutes and I will be at layovers for 6 hours and 40 minutes. It'll be a party.
Last Monday night I had the most amazing experience. I wrote it home in Mom and Dad's letter so I won't take the time to share it now, hopefully they have/will share some of it with you. The experience was such a great testimony builder that the Lord truly is there with us working and helping. It also strengthened my testimony that the promises in the scriptures truly are fulfilled! Ah, the gospel is so amazing! Then in TRC (where we get to teach members in our language about the gospel- mostly returned missionaries from where we served) we taught on prayer and revelation through prayer. It was awesome because we decided to just write down scriptures that we wanted to share and an idea of what it talks about since we don't completely understand when people read the scriptures in Czech to us. So we did that and we taught and went where the conversation led, where the spirit directed and it was just a really good lesson, a good feeling overall. I felt like something had been taught and it wasn't a waste of time. Then we got feedback from them and one of the people we taught said, "Honestly this lesson was an answer to my personal prayers." it was so awesome. The Lord truly guides this work and our every foot step if we will allow him to. Lessons with fewer notes work so much better than with a detailed list because you follow the spirit and pay attention to those you teach and it just goes better.
Words of Wisdom from this week:
*Stop worrying about perfection, the Lord will make everything perfect, including you. Just submit to Him.
*Through the atonement we can become who we want to be
*If you are not pleased with your lot in life, build a service station. (service is the best way to focus on others and be happy! :) )
*In Jacob 5 we read about the alagory of the olive trees. You may think the chapter is repetitive and really long, but this is the Lord working with His children, He is patient and willing to help you out. He is there for you every step of the way working by your side! I love this chapter!
*If you ever feel inadequate or incapable you know better. You do your best and the Lord will do the rest
So we were talking to someone about how many missionaries and sisters there are and all that jazz and they said right now we are at the lull and it is going to really pick up soon. So while it has been way crowded here this is nothing. Right now we have 2900 missionaries and over 1000 are sisters. In June there are supposed to be 8000 missionaries, good luck to all my friends! :)
Now for a funny before I depart. This week one of our elders was studying and he had an itch on his chest. Since he was holding his pen he just scratched it with that. Not realizing the cap was not on the pen. He managed to make some really nice black scribble marks all over the front of his white shirt. REALLY funny! I wish we had gotten a picture, but he had his Tide to Go in his pocket and was working at it immediately, it was hilarious.
No comments:
Post a Comment