All about me

Sister Hicken:
You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Czech/Slovak Mission. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 18 months.
You should report to the Provo Missionary training Center on Wednesday, January 23, 2013. You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Czech language.

Monday, June 3, 2013

I'm singing in the rain‏

Ahoj! 

...I'm the relief society president! Shocker, I know. haha So I get to teach RS next week... AHH!!! The lesson is on families. It talks about how they should be an ideal family basically and as I studied this I thought great... we have a lady getting a divorce, a 92 year old-never been married, a middle age not married, a 30's not married, and a lady who was married once with adult children. Ha ha but yeah it is going to be a great lesson! I am excited for the next lesson as it is on the temple! I love learning and teaching about the temple!!! It is basically the best place in the world! 

 So this week has been pretty crazy as Sister Cooper and I are now together, both of us have been here for 2 months and we are trying to teach lessons, make phone calls, understand everyone and remember all the things that we are supposed to be doing. Also I'm the Relief Society president so that is just a little more to be doing, but it is great. I am really good at not stressing out, but my face isn't so good...I don't know that my face can handle much more stress, I have zits galore and two cold sores! Got to love it! ha ha 

 So I think I have done more contacting this week than I have done my entire mission. We have had 5+ lessons fall through and then we planned contacting as well. But I have found contacting to be much more enjoyable this transfer as we get rejected and hit up the next person coming so you don't have time to get nervous or over think things. I like it a lot better than hitting one and then talking about it forever and walking passed so many people and then anticipating the next. It has been glorious to do this as I feel so much more accomplished and that I am using my time so much better! It is amazing how much I can say that I didn't realize I could. The Lord truly is blessing us in the work. 

 It has been interesting to be with a new companion as you get to see the changes and find new things about yourself that you may not have realized. Like I was amazed at how much I truly love the people here and how easy it was for me to fall in love with them and to care so much for them. Or how truly optimistic and happy I am about life and the circumstances I am put in. It is neat to see and experience change. 

 Speaking of change.We went to Prague for a RS activity and as it was the end of the month we were tight on change and unsure if we would make it. We had to go as there was an investigator going. So not knowing how much it would cost I grabbed our 1000 crowns and we headed out the door. We bought passes for ourselves (Sister Cooper didn't budget last month so she was broke, we were using my money (which I budgeted and had like 2600 crowns left this month, but my comp gave me some as she was leaving and wouldn't need it)) and one for a member who the church was paying for and I would get paid back. So I bought the round trip for 3 which was a little over 900. We then jumped on the train to head out. We had to take the metro to get there and we bought our passes for there and back and then realized our member would need it seeing only a few coins in my hand I wondered if we would make it. We bought her one and decided we'd figure it out later. As we were walking off I realized we had the EXACT amount we needed in our possession. What a blessing, the Lord truly is in the work! 

 Well my time is up and so I had better end. I know that this gospel is true! 

 Love Sestra Hicken 

 Jackmans - what is the deal with you moving every time I go to Europe?! Are you trying to hide from me? Loved the pics Kie, Congrats!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment