All about me

Sister Hicken:
You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Czech/Slovak Mission. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 18 months.
You should report to the Provo Missionary training Center on Wednesday, January 23, 2013. You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Czech language.

Monday, September 23, 2013

Patience is a virtue

Ahoj,

Looking back on this week, it should have been miserable, but it wasn't! It flew by so fast! We did lots of contacting and tracting in the rain. We had lots of appointments fall through, people hanging up on us when we call and just lots of rejection so to say. But I honestly can say, I didn't notice that during the week, just as I look back and view the week. It is amazing how happy we have been this week and how fast it truly went, especially considering we had fewer lessons than I have ever had in a week, kind of sad, go from a mission high last week to a mission low this week. But the good news is, it can only go up from here! Hopefully all the people this past week who were sick or out of town are back and healthy so we can meet with them. Sister Rosenvall and I did learn a great lesson though from this week, don't work on the same Christlike attribute, the Lord knows our wants and needs and he will bless us! We decided to work patience this past week and I think the Lord definitely tried us on it. But it was good. It is amazing to reflect and see the blessings and changes.

Speaking of things flying by, today is my 8 month mark, AH!!!! and next Monday is transfers, who knows where in the Czech Republic I will be. I would assume I would stay here, but that is not guaranteed. So hopefully I will have to opportunity to write to all of you next week, but who knows, only time will tell.

I can't believe how close General Conference is! I just love it and I am so excited. You will have to send me things that are your favorite and describe them because it will be a few weeks before I will even get to see it or hear anything about it. You are my only sources! :)

We taught one of our investigators this week and he told us that his head tells him not to read the scriptures because he doesn't understand them and he feels like he is wasting his time. But then he said, "But something really small inside me tells me I should read." I love it when people can have the desire to do what is right, even if it is a little desire. That is how faith starts, and it will grow and swell. So excited to be doing this work and to be a missionary. I know that this is the Lords work and that no matter what life gives you, if you trust in the Lord, and do as He asks, you will be happy.

Love you!
Sestra Hicken

No comments:

Post a Comment