Jan. 28, 2013
“Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” ~ A. A. Milne
I knew I'd miss you, but I never realized how much!
One thing I've learned that is way important and is stressed a lot is NOT to compare yourself to others and just do your best. It is harder than I though it would be, but it's getting better. It just seems like everyone is picking up on the language so much faster. I have also been taught by many to NOT get discouraged as it breaks down your faith. Trying to work hard on that one, especially with the language. But when I look back and realize 5 days ago I couldn't say or understand anything and seeing how much I now know, the gift of tongues is definitely with me. When our teacher bears his testimony I am getting to the point I understand. I don't always know how to say things and what not, but it truly is coming along.
With the Spirit being so strong here and the work being difficult I have never had such emotional days. It is so crazy! Almost everyday I've been on the brink of tears for one reason or another. It is so amazing how aware the Lord truly is of each and everyone of us. Any discouragement I've felt has been quickly swept away. It's so neat to see the Lord working through others to help and support me. Any time I struggle, someone 'randomly' says what I need to hear.
Like I have said, Sunday's are amazing. We have sacrament meeting at 7:30. We all have to prepare a talk and then we find out who speaks depending on what is announced. Sacrament was awesome, well every meeting on Sunday was. I go so many answers! Answers to question, answers to concerns and simply just answers. The meetings are so positive and up lifting and supportive which is so needed after a long week of getting beaten down with all that you don't know and can't yet do. After sacrament we got breakfast and then Music & The Spoken Word as sisters. There was a quote given that I'm sure was just for me. Unfortunately I don't remember it all. But it was between Pooh & Christopher Robin about Promising to never forget that you are braver and smarter than you believe. I don't know, it was amazing and then the Spirit reaffirmed it to me. Nest was RS with two convert stories and Sister Burton. She talked about the roll of women in the church but the messages I got were about being happy serving and being aligned with Heavenly Father so we can hear his voice.
Next was a district meeting taught by the branch presidency. They discussed exact obedience and how there are people waiting for me and how I need to find them. That was pretty powerful. Then how we need to take it seriously and give it our all. They discussed how the mission isn't a time to be discouraged, you need to simply give your all and do your best. The Lord is pleased with our efforts and that we are here.
No comments:
Post a Comment