Ahoj,
So I am in shock that I have already been out six months. My companion keeps telling me this and the fact that our missions are 1/3 over. I think I could do without her constant reminder of how long we have been out. Especially as transfers are coming up next week. We figured out that we are getting 4 new sisters. So there are 4 that will be getting trained and 4 being follow up trained and then there are 5 sisters older than us and then the 4 sisters of my group. So the odds of training or follow up training are a little too high for my liking. I am hoping I stay in cbud with Sister Cooper so that we can keep the ball rolling here but we will just have to wait and see!
We are really exciting for our mission conference on Wednesday. It is going to be amazing! We have no idea what we are doing but we were given the talk from Eyring in the priesthood session to study and to ponder some questions with it. We are doing a mission wide fast so that the spirit will be unrestrained at our training. We are meeting bright and early at the train station with everyone. We are required as sisters to wear tights and good walking shoes. I wonder if it will have something to do with pioneers as it is pioneer day! I don't know what all is going to happen but I have a feeling that it is going to be spectacular!
So I have never been offered beer and coffee so much in my life as I have the past few months. It is amazing! People are so willing to give you a drink or a smoke! ha ha it's a good things those things have no appeal to me! Who would have thought that the mission would be where you would be offered that so often. Guess it is just because the people love us and want to give us the best! ha ha
This week I asked Sister Cooper to teach the rs lesson. What do you know, Sister Cooper and I were the only sisters at church. So we ended up joining priesthood this week. ha ha our poor little branch! But we got Ctibor our less active to come to church this week and he partook of the sacrament! Woot! We are so happy with his progress!
This week we met with one of the potentials from 2007 we have been calling. He is so awesome! He is really interested in our message and had the perfect questions. He was asking things that took us to the next point in the lesson he is so prepared! He also talked about how he was a sinner in his youth and when we talked about baptism and how we can be perfectly clean through that he was really interested. We are going to teach him the Gospel of Jesus Christ this week, so excited! He is so awesome! I don't think I have actually had an investigator who has ever wanted to learn and do things. He prayed at the end of the lesson and it was simple but perfect. He then said that was my first prayer! he is also way patient with our Czech he is so nice and I am so excited to teach him! When we asked him if he remembered the missionaries he said that he did. So amazing as it was just a street contact 6 years ago and that was it. He ran into them once on the street and remembered it. That gives me hope for all the people we have contacted and wont set up with us, even though they gave us their numbers, will be ready in the future.
Our investigators are finally back from their 3 week vacations! What is with extending your long vacations! So we were able to teach both Constantin and Michal this week! So exciting! Michal asked us if there was still a space available for him to come to church with us. We obviously said yes! It is so exciting! He asked before we could commit him to it! Constantin went to church while he was gone and took his family with him. He got the missionaries to meet with them and his wife is planning on going to church once a month and meeting with the missionaries, if only they lived closer to a branch! So that was really exciting news. Especially since he has been worried about joining the church because he wouldn't have the support at home. We talked about the plan of salvation and how we all want to be in the celestial kingdom. We had him read some verses in the Doctrine and Covenants (he now has a triple, yeah!) about what you have to do to be there. When one of the answers was baptism and we talked some about it he wasn't all tense and against it! So exciting! We are so excited about the progress our investigators and less actives are making. the work is wonderful and is starting to roll forward here in little CBud. I hope I have the privilege to continue this work here. But If not, I know the people will be in good hands and this is the Lords work and He doesn't set His people up for failure! I love this gospel and I know it is true. I know that "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me".Phil 4:13
Love you!
Sestra Hicken
No comments:
Post a Comment