All about me

Sister Hicken:
You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Czech/Slovak Mission. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 18 months.
You should report to the Provo Missionary training Center on Wednesday, January 23, 2013. You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Czech language.

Saturday, August 9, 2014

The Final Week

Dobry Den! 

For anyone wondering about sunday and the solo I sang, I did survive, I didn't even pass out! WE sang I know that my Redeemer Lives arranged by Michael R Hicks. But we sang it in czech. It was beautiful! So many people talked about how they loved the testimonies we shared about the Savior so that was perfect! So glad that people here are so loving and not judgemental. :D 

This week is the las week of the transfer and President McConkie has encouraged us to stay strong and keep going, staying completely focused on the work that we are doing and forget about transfers. (ok so that is my interpretation of it- mostly just stay focused) He has invited us to read a chapter in the bible each day this week starting tuesday with mark 11 and ending sunday with mark 16. It is so neat becasue we are following the last week of the Saviors life as we are hitting the last week of this transfer, what a blessing it is to see how much the Savior accomplished in that week and how much we can accomplish when we do stay focused. It is so important that we never loose sight of the goal and push on hard until the end. No matter if it is the end of your last transfer or the first, it doesn't matter stay focused and find the miracles they are there waiting for you! I would like to share just a few things that wouldn't have happened if Jesus decided to relax and not work just as hard his last week as other weeks. Imagine the life of Jesus without the remarkable last week. No triumphal entrance into Jerusalem, no miracles or teaching in the temple, no last supper and sacrament with his disciples, no witness before Pilate of His divine mission, no example of strength and forgiveness to those that did persecute Him, no atonement, no resurrection. Look at all the amazing spiritual experiences that would have been lost had Jesus decided He deserved a break or needed a rest. I know that it is often at the last second of an activity or at the end of the day that we are truly blessed. We are required to endure to the end. We can't just give up, we must continue on. The greatest blessings come after the trial of our faith. Never give up! 

This week has been miraculous! We have been so blessed spiritually and in the work as well. I love it when we plan according to the spirit and set some ridiculously high goals, that seem unachieveable and outrageous and then at the end of the day you see just how blessed you are and how much the Lord is there with you blessing you and pushing you to be better and do better. That is basically a summary of this week. 

This week we have had more back to back lessons than I have had my entire mission. There was one night we had lessons planned starting at 13h going until 21h. It was crazy and we didn't know how it would be possible but the Lord makes all things possible. One or two of those lessons fell through making it nice so we could acutually get lunch and dinner. The Lord as just been blessing us. We have been able to get ahold of people we have wanted to teach all transfer and finally they have set up and we are starting to meet. We have found more prepared people on the streets this week than in any week before. We got an amazing referal that came to game night last night and loved it! She is interested in what we belive but isn't really sure. But she knows she feels amazing when she is with the people that are here, she just loves the people! 

We were able to meet with Jakub and President McConkie and that was perfect! Just what everyone needed. He is now willing to meet regularly again and continue on. It is so amazing how big of a role fasting and prayer plays in this work. When we do the Lords work and have great faith miracles are bound to happen, there is no doubt about that. Mostly I just wnat you to know that I know that this church is true. I know that this is Gods work. I know He is leading it. He knows what we need. He will allow us to work together to help one another achieve what we need and all will be blessed. I know the Jesus is my Savior. He knows exactly how we feel. He knows how to help us and He will if we will rely on Him. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet and that the Book of Mormon is true, I don't doubt that. I know that the Bible and the Book of Mormon support one another and they support everything we do in this church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. 

 S laskou, 
 Sestra Hicken

No comments:

Post a Comment