Nazdar!
Remember how Jakub was supposed to get baptized this week no matter what? Well so two weeks ago, the day after he should have been baptized (and would have if we had told him not to wait for his friend), opposition came as we warned him it would if he wasn't baptized. Well he had lots of concerns and acted rashly and dropped us. Feeling like we needed to press through and act like nothing happened, we continued to talk with him through texts and eventually got him to set up for thursday this week. He told us that it could only be us three and it could only be 30 minutes. So we were given our restrictions/expectations. So we met with him on thursday and it sounds like he got into a lot of anti information. As we talked to him and expressed once again that we were there to answer/discuss and find answers to his questions and he seemed to start to realize that we truly do care and don't what him to be confused and are willing to help him work through things. He is a little hesitant but willing to still meet next week sometime. We had just asked him if it would be alright if President McConkie taught with us next week and he had agreed to it as President McConkie rounded the corner and we waved him in to come and chat with us for a second. It was such perfect timing! I couldn't have planned it better! I just love to see how the Lord makes things work out so perfectly! So amazing! I hope that he will choose to put in the effort and get baptized before I leave!
We had our last exchange this week in Ostrava with Sister Schoen and Sister Senkane. It was so great! I just love these sisters so much and this country. It was so neat to go to Moravia for the day. I have now offically served 3 days in Moravia. I have spent my entire mission in Bohemia, it is kind of crazy! Wow!
Monday night was crazy, we have a young single adult dinner and thought at 18h put on by the senior couple the Mendenhalls. So we had two lessons after that on plan. One with a less active memeber and one with and investigator. Well we had a new investigator and potential call asking about the dinner and so we set up to meet with them before the dinner. Well they didn't come early like we had planned and the dinner spiritual thought ran over. We couldn't get up and leave as it was our recent convert teaching the thought and the less active was there listening. Not to mention we were incharge of clean up. Well by the time that ended our investigator showed up and so now we have 4 people to teach, 3 different lessons that were all there at the same time waiting for us. AH!!! It was just a little stressful! But it all worked out thank you to our amazing Marketas help. It wasn't perfect or ideal by any means but it all worked out! The Lord is in the work and is blessing us.
So tomorrow my companion and I will be singing a duet in sacrament meeting and we each have solos....the crazy things you do on a mission! I have NEVER been comfortable singing in front of people unless it was a group, well now I get to do a solo. So it will be wonderful! :D
Well time flies and i have got to go, love you tons!
S laskou,
Sestra Hicken
No comments:
Post a Comment