All about me

Sister Hicken:
You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Czech/Slovak Mission. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 18 months.
You should report to the Provo Missionary training Center on Wednesday, January 23, 2013. You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Czech language.

Saturday, July 26, 2014

Oh dear...

Nazdar!

 So the Lord has a great sense of humor! I may have been praying for time to slow down/stop so the Lord in a loving but reasonable way answered my pleas. My watch has stopped working. Unfortunately my watch doesn't run the universe! Not to mention I put it on a couple of days ago and it started to work again. So now my watch is just really slow as it starts and stops on it's own free will. So in a sense the Lord has slowed down time for me. How blessed we are to have such a loving Heavenly Father!

 So this week I was studying about church attendance to answer some questions that we had been asked. I ended up in Liahonas looking under church attendance, and what do you know. I came across a talk that was given by Elder Dube, I didn't feel like it had anything to do with church attendance, but that is what it claimed. So I read it, while it is not what I wanted to hear, the Lord knew it was exactly what I needed to hear. It was all about joyfully accepting releases and calls...so needless to say I am working on that. I know that the timing is right for me to accept a release in two weeks, it just isn't the easiest thing to accept. But the Lord is definitely helping me, He is so loving and caring, what a blessing it is to have Him by our side always guiding us and helping us through rough patches.:D Man I love this gospel!

 We have continued to work with our adorable old man Miroslav, he is SO funny! He just cracks me up. We took pictures with him and we brought them to him and he was tickled pink. He was just so excited. When we asked him later to read part of a pamphlet for us at home, he looked at us in shock and told us, I can't read it, I am going to be too busy looking at pictures. We asked a little later for him to do something when he got home and he repeated it. Then the third time we asked a little later he just kind of rolled his eyes and put his hands out in front of him and stared at them as if to say I WILL BE LOOKING AT PICTURES, i don't have time to read or do anything eles! We only gave him 2 pictures! ha ha he is hilarious. But I have found that he reminds me a lot of our amazing home teachers, they were good to always have a funny story or something to tell. Oh he wanted me to tell you how amazing you are for sending your daughter across the world to a place you don't know for so long. He is in awe that you can do that, he said if he had kids he wouldn't let them do it even for a month! So he is very impressed at your courage and grateful to you. Although he wasn't happy to hear that you are coming to get me so soon!

 Miracle of the week! Last transfer after church we saw a man standing outside of the gate reading the sign so we went up to him and offered him a building tour. We takled about God and the book of mormon and gave it to him and then set up for another lesson but he never made it. So the other day we called him and he set up and came. Well remembering how hard it was to understand him we asked Ivan to come and help us as they both speak Ukrainian and Russian, So Ivan came with us to teach and he did so amazing! Wow it was so wonderful. He has read half of the book of mormon already and really wants to know what we belive. he is Catholic but has a lot of problems with some of the stuff they belive and tells us what he belives and it lines up very well with what we believe. So cool! We spoke to him in english and he did translating and taught everything perfectly! It was spectacualr! Ivan shared strong testimony and really helped out. It was so great to see him being a little missionary! We have another lesson with them again tonight, so exciting!

 We had a wonderful commemoration of the dedication of the czech and slovak republics for the teaching and preaching of the gospel. It was the 85 anniversary, it happened back in 1929! It was so wonderful, such an amazing spirit there, just loved it so much. If I had more time i would tell you all about it but I just don't have time. So love you tons! Have a great week!

S Laskou,
Sestra Hicken

No comments:

Post a Comment