All about me

Sister Hicken:
You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Czech/Slovak Mission. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 18 months.
You should report to the Provo Missionary training Center on Wednesday, January 23, 2013. You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Czech language.

Saturday, July 19, 2014

Can't time just stop?

Ahoj,

 I am struggling to think of what all happened this week, it was so busy and it went by so fast and it is just a blur! I hate the thought that time only speeds up!

 Surprise turn of events, so Jakub isn't gettting baptized today, he said he wants to invite his friend from Brazil to come to his baptism because he is frequently in Prague and he is a member! So we moved the date the the 2 of august so that hopefully his friend can come. It is so great. He told us that if his friend can't come, he doesn't care, he is still getting baptized. He is so amazing and just so prepared, it is neat to see how the Lord blesses us and prepares people. After one of our lessons this week, he looked at us and said, so once i am baptized what is going to be required of me? Am I going to have to pick up and go across the world? It is amazing that he knows it is true and would be fine if he was told to travel the world and share the gospel. We gave him a liahona to borrow and he is just loving reading through it. He is so amazing! He really tries to apply what he reads. He has read a lot about not judging others and is trying to figure out what is ok to do in work if we can't judge others. He is really trying to do all that is written and commanded of God.There are prepared people out there, we just have to find them. It is just the awkward instances usually that you find the prepared ones. Satan tries to cause distractions to stop us missionaries from talking to those prepared people.

 I saw a picture this week of Stanislav and a lady that he baptized! It is so neat to see these people who recently joined the church living so faithfully and growing closer to God. Even when you arent around. I love seeing them grow up and do it on their own! What a blessing! This gospel truly is amazing! I am so blessed to get to serve a mission and especially here in the czech republic. I love these people so much! I can't imagine my life without them! They have taught me so much and they are so sweet! I am always in awe at all they are willing to change and sacrifice! They are so amazing! I am so blessed!

 Last week and this week I had the awesome opportunity to go on exchanges! Last week we were in Ceske Budejovice and i was with Sister Dubois, she is in her first transfer and is doing amazing! It is so great how much she understands and speaks, she is really gifted with the language. I feel like she has picked up on it really fast. Then this week I was with Sister Cooper here in Prague, it was so amazing to be back together. It has been a year since we served together. It is neat to see how much she has changed and how her relationship with God has improved! I just love getting to spend time with so many different sisters and learn and grow from them. The Lord is truly blessing me.

 We were out contacting in the park this week and no one wanted to talk to us. As we were headed out of the park we saw a little old man on a bench and I thought, should we even try to contact him, he is so old. But before I knew it we were sitting down on the bench next to him and teaching him a lesson. He is so amazing! He is one of the funniest little old men I know. He is so sweet and willing to try to read and pray. He just really sturggles to remember to pray. He always says, it is so hard to change your routine! He lives all by himself and doesn't have any living family members. He is just a great guy. I am so grateful that we get to work with him.

 Well the gospel is true and I love it. Have a great week! Next week we have training and my group will get to be the first missionaries that give their departing testimony on Priest Hill. This is where the czech republic was dedicated for the preaching of the gospel. It will be on the exact same day just a few decades later. What a bitter sweet moment that will be. Have the best week of your life!

Sestra Hicken

No comments:

Post a Comment