All about me

Sister Hicken:
You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Czech/Slovak Mission. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 18 months.
You should report to the Provo Missionary training Center on Wednesday, January 23, 2013. You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Czech language.

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

§ is an apostrophy and z is probably a y and 1 is a ! Czech kezboards are bad!

 Ahoj!

qWow i am in the czech republic and this keyboard is different! My companion is Sister smith and she is 25. She is on an extention and I am the lucky one to learn from her. Last night she had me dye her hair, never done that before, hopefully as time goes on she doesn¨t regret that. SHe is from Ariyona and is the 3 of 7 children. SHe is great.

Our branch is so small. Besides us 4 missionaries in our district there were 7 members and 4 investigators, one being a child. We had day light savigs sunday so we got up extra early and because of that our investigator COnsintin from Romania was an hour late to church, whoops! ha ha kind of felt bad we didn¨t tell him, he is hilarious though. I love the mission work it is so great, eve though I don§t understand much of anything. I think i am almost out of time though so i can§t write much. I need to becomea faster reader or something because it just takes too long to read everything and have enough time to respond in my hour, i hope i am not supposed to write my mission president now as well, i guess i better figure that out.

It has been snowing almost every day here, it is kind of realy cold! We contacted the other day and met a kid by the name of Lukaš. He agreed to an appointment and let me tell you, it was intense and I don§t understand! Basically we taught the restoration from the pamphlet. But the problem was all of his questons were šé seconds too earlz. Ha ha interesting... anzwaz he asked how we know the first vision happened and we talked about the book of mormon and tried to explain things when he jumped in and said well how do i know that is true. So since he wouldn§t read the intro paragraphs with us we took him to moronis promise and after reading it he said, ok i am going to praz., (at the begining we discussed prayer a little( We tried to explain that zou must read it first then praz to know if it is true. He was insitent on prazing then so he did and the spirit was so strong. I was prazing so hard that it would be. But after the prazer he sat there for a minute and we were just waiting it out. Then he light up and said I will read the first three pages and then i will know. So he asked for a glass of water and then began reading WAY fast. After three pages we asked what he thought/felt. He said pointing to his head, it makes no sense here but i feel good here poinging to his heart. we then back and forth testified gave him a bom and asked if when he knew it was true would be baptiyed he said he had been baptized wice and went on and on so we left with a prazer it was great. I will trz to do pictures next time.

Love zou tons, I¨m out of time
Sestra Hicken

No comments:

Post a Comment