All about me

Sister Hicken:
You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Czech/Slovak Mission. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 18 months.
You should report to the Provo Missionary training Center on Wednesday, January 23, 2013. You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Czech language.

Monday, May 13, 2013

April flowers bring May showers

Ahoj, 

So life here in CBud is glorious! Although I must admit, the weather here I think is a little confused. We have had so much rain and wind, the flowers are getting blown away! Kind of crazy. But it works. We went to Brother Sir's for lunch and he realized I didn't have an umbrella and him along with the other missionaries forced a poncho on me. So I have a picture of me out in the rain in a poncho, I look quite terrible I must say. But I was dry... ha ha I will send the picture next week, my camera died at the Crumlov Castle today. 

I don't know what to say, I am struggling to come up with what happened this week. Everything is just blurring together! ha ha 

Our investigator Lenka is amazing! We have taught her a few times and she is real receptive, she strives to keep commitments as well. We worked at answering one of her questions about baptizing her child because she would have a Godfather and that way all the legal things she is going through with her child would be fixed as the Godfather has first say, before the government. We had talked about the power of faith in the lesson, Lenka actually brought it up so when she asked about the Godfather thing we told her to rely on that faith and she would be blessed. It was an amazing experience and if I had more time I would tell you more in detail but I don't. The spirit was so strong and it was an amazing experience. 

 Love Sestra Hicken

No comments:

Post a Comment