Hello everyone!
This week has been a little crazy! I think it all started with last week at church. ha ha Since this Sunday was better I think this week is going to be a little more normal, my last week with Sestra Smith! ahh!!!
So last week at church...We had Fast Sunday. First off our chorister wasn't there and I was supposed to sub...I forgot. I was trying to save a seat next to me for our new investigator and she didn't show up and a member sat down there anyway and it was a crazy situation. Anyway the elders had to wave me on up to conduct the music. Then the opening prayer, our sweet 92 year old got up and started to bear her testimony. When President Hansen told her she was to pray she was so confused (come to find out she thought she had been praying) but got that straightened out and then the sacrament hymn... well that was when Elder Bahr played a different song than he told us to sing. Luckily they were both 3/4 timing, but the one he played had one less line than the one we sang, that was interesting... and it just went on like that. But the spirit was there and that is all that matters.
Wednesday basically everything we had planned fell through so we got to do lots of contacting in different areas around the city. Maybe we need to have different options than contacting for back up plans, ha ha. Anyway it was so amazing as we went out and taught people as I was able to understand more than I ever have before. Making it easier for me to jump in and give input and testify, it was so wonderful! What a blessing! I love the gospel and the Lord's loving care. He is always there for us lifting and supporting us. I need to figure out what I did differently so that I can have that gift of tongues all the time!
Brother Sir is amazing and so funny. This week after eating we went out to see his sheep, Voyta. He then climbed on and she tried to run from him, it was so funny to see, wish I would have gotten pictures. Speaking of pictures I had better send some or I won't have time to do so.
Love you tons and hope you are having as much fun as I am. Find ways to laugh when life gets rough, it is well worth it. A smile will brighten your day! Know that the Lord loves you and will be there with you every step of your life. He is so wonderful!
Love Sestra Hicken
No comments:
Post a Comment