All about me

Sister Hicken:
You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Czech/Slovak Mission. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 18 months.
You should report to the Provo Missionary training Center on Wednesday, January 23, 2013. You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Czech language.

Monday, October 21, 2013

Ground Zero

Ahoj,
 
So this week we are taking it to ground zero I think. It is going to be quite the adventure. We are stopping everything that isn't working, and trying something new...that is basically everything. :) I am so stoked, it is going to be so glorious! I don't think I will ever cease to be amazed at how much the Lord loves me. I recognize this the most at the beginning of every single transfer. He truly does hear and answer our prayers. I know I have been praying my entire mission to be a little bolder, well it has taken a little but I now have an extremely bold companion that tells me to be bolder when I use "flimsy" words. So that prayer took a while to be answered, but it is being answered. Then this past transfer I was careful not to pray for help to not rely on my companion for language, because I saw where that got me, so the Lord blesses me with this amazing greenie that knows the language pretty well, she will be passing me up one of these days shortly, I am pretty sure. She is wonderful. So He knew the desires of my heart, but also the fears I had so He worked with both of them to make things perfect for me. Then because I have prayed to be better at contacting on transportation, I was given Sestra Scerra. She is talking to everyone on the buses and anywhere we are. It doesn't matter that she doesn't know things and isn't confident in the language (not that I am at all, because I am not) but she just puts herself out there and tries. She helps me to set high goals and give more, it is wonderful. The Lord truly knows our needs and He blesses us with what is needed. If you ever doubt that He is answering your prayers or that He is there. Pray, be patient and He will answer you. I know it is true. I know He blesses us in the perfect ways, which are usually not the ways we would like them to be. I love this gospel and I love this work it is the Lords work and He truly does bless us and help us. Who ever said that He waits to bless us until the last possible moment is right most of the time. We have seen that many times this week with making phone calls and contacting people. It has been wonderful and I am grateful for all that I learn every day.
 
We went and taught a less active and he is wonderful! He is so kind. I asked him about a book last time, because we teach him at his toy/book store and this week he had three different options out with what I had asked for Popelka, the only Czech fairytale name I know, Cinderella. Then I picked one and he wouldn't let me pay for it! He just gave it to me. The people here in the Czech Republic really are so kind and caring. I hope to become more like them! I just love it here. :)
 
Have a wonderful week and know that I love you!
Sestra Hicken

No comments:

Post a Comment