All about me

Sister Hicken:
You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Czech/Slovak Mission. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 18 months.
You should report to the Provo Missionary training Center on Wednesday, January 23, 2013. You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Czech language.

Monday, October 14, 2013

Uzasny den dneska!
 
Today is one of those beautiful fall days, the leaves are changing colors and the sun is shining bright. It has a little of the fall chill and is glorious. Makes me think of conference weekends, raking leaves or throwing a football around with my brothers. I just love this weather, has to be my favorite season. I must admit I was worried I wouldn't get to see it as the leaves hadn't changed and it got really cold! Then it started to rain all the time and now, we have sunshine and beautiful leaves. I love this amazing world we live in. Lots has been happening, but not a whole ton of time to write as I sent pictures today.
 
Well, I have been asked a few times by my dear mother about what happened with Hercules, the man at the Gyros stand. So we stopped by the other day to talk to him. He is really busy with running his family owned stand and also teaching music at the university and still making time for his family. He is extremely family oriented. When he finds a few minutes he does read in the Book of Mormon he finds it interesting because it has some things he has never heard before. He doesn't have time to meet with us, but we continue to stop by and say hi and buy food from him and chat when he is there. He is coming along, slowly but surely.
 
Can I just say General Conference was spectacular?! So great! I love it. We missionaries all gathered in the bishop's office and watched it together in English. Not wanting these elders or ourselves to starve, I made some treats. For the first session I pulled out raspberry muffins and no-bake cookies. Later was banana bread. Sunday was cinnamon muffins and cranberry white chocolate muffins and finally chocolate chip cookies. We improvised not having brown sugar and just used white sugar, must say, it is not as good! So no worries we didn't starve, we are just getting fat. I still haven't seen the Relief Society broadcast, the sisters will watch it as a district in Prague at the end of the month. Crazy!
 
This week has been rather unusual with Monday being preparation day. Thursday being training as a trainer and greenie in brno and Friday being visa stuff in Prague. Come home to Saturday and Sunday General Conference, where in the world did my week go! Even better question where in the world did my time to write go. I guess this is all for this week. The gospel is true, listen to conference again because it was so amazing! I can't wait to read the talks! It will be wonderful!
 
Love you tons!
Sestra Hicken

No comments:

Post a Comment