Ahoj,
So my life this week... I don't know we went to the bone church yesterday for preparation day, that was fun. So many bones, go figure! It wasn't what I was expecting (a building made of bones) but it was neat. They had lots of bone pyramids that were just stacked. There are crowns above the bone pyramids that represent heaven and the glory you will receive if you are living well. Something like that I think, I don't know exactly. I sent lots of different pictures, hope you enjoy that.
So every Sunday we have district lunch with our four elders, it is always an adventure, you never know what will happen. Elder Earl got a Halloween package recently with all sorts of odd stuff. One thing they had were these big rat stickers, bigger than your hand. So the elders were having a competition to see who could get them on Elder Burton's back without him noticing (he was cooking some dessert). They all succeeded at getting them on his back. It was really funny how much it cracked them up. They are a hoot. They keep life interesting. I wish I would have taken a picture. Oh well. The elders have it, one day I will get it from them.
We were contacting this week and we got a referral from a contact. Unfortunately we probably won't be contacting it. The man told us that (the guy he was referring for us to teach) lives under the bridge by the water. He told us not to be worried that he (the referral) wouldn't beat us up or anything. haha He was a really nice man who truly was considering who our message might be able to help. I love this work!
We had training this week in Prague, it was glorious! I always get just what I need from those trainings. I love it! I learn so much. At the end of every conference we take 20 minutes to learn about Jesus, because that is who we represent so it is vital that we understand who He is. We have been going through different titles that Jesus has given himself and this time we spoke about the great physician. It was really neat to dig into what you expect from a doctor and how well that really relates to Jesus. They are there to help you, they don't care who you are or what is wrong with you, they see you as anyone else and desire to help you.
We have spent lots of time contacting this week, and we are having lots of fun. It is amazing how different everyone is and how you truly cannot judge people because you don't know who is ready or how they will react. We have had the entire spectrum this week I think. We have found that the dads with babies are really good ones to target! They are so friendly and it is a family! They are so willing to listen and be engaged in conversations and it is wonderful. We had a little boy go and pick flowers for us. It was adorable! He was so funny. There was a little boy talking to me telling me about how he lost his tooth and how excited he was about it. There are so many great things happening and I just love this work. I am so grateful for the opportunity to work along side the Lord, it is such a blessing.
Love you tons
Sestra Hicken
No comments:
Post a Comment