Wow, it seems like it has been so long since Stanislav became a member but it really has only been a week, so much has happened. We gave him a CTR ring and he was way excited about it, he made me put it on for him, he thought he was so funny. I am continually amazed at how strong he is! Satan is working way hard on him, yet he continues to be happy and continues on with great faith!
We had some great lessons this week with Honza a new investigator who has tons of potential, he is so open and accepting it is awesome. Alla, who we met searching for Stanislav the day of his not baptism, we taught her about the book of Mormon and she is way excited to read it. She knows so much it is amazing!
We got to go to Ivona's and have lunch and a ton of treats, play a game with her family and go on a walk with them and the dog! It was such a great afternoon, got to love building relationships with the people here and learning what is so important to them and why, I LOVE IT!
We have an English class for teenagers shortly after school gets out, so that is a lot of fun, we have Filip and his friends there at the moment and they are wonderful! We played charades\described words and it was hilarious! Filip had to act out scrambled eggs and he acted out a chicken laying an egg and then throwing it in a bowl and mixing it. So creative and great! It was hilarious, so many great times on the mission!
We made a down payment on chairs! Yes we found chairs for our office, so exciting!
WE had exchanges and that was a great learning experience. I was in Prague for a day! But anyway we were walking down the sidewalk when this guy on a bike goes by. His bike was one of the skinny tired bikes, the street bikes. Well the next thing I know, this biker is going over the handle bars. He landed it very nicely if I do say so myself, but it was hilarious to watch him wig out. What happened is there is a drain that his skinny tire got stuck in and he just was a gone-er when he hit that. It was wedged in there way good, he was struggling to pull it out. That is one of those times I wish I had my camera out. ha ha It was hilarious, but I am not good at telling stories so sorry you don't get the full effect.
It is so amazing how fast prayers can be answered! So this week we went to this old persons home to try and get service to do there. We used to visit this old member there, but her family asked us to stop. So we did. Well we had asked a few different times about doing service and it was always come back this day around this time when you can talk to someone in charge. So we finally made it back and when we got there to ask for the person we needed to talk to. This lady was not happy to see us. She basically told us never to come back because we can't visit our member. When I tried to explain we were here to do service that made her more mad and she basically told us there was no service there that we could ever do. I smiled and told her ok thank you as we headed out. She was not happy and told me there was no need to thank her and not to do it. Well as we walked to our next appointment, I realized I was not having nice thoughts towards her and I noticed how that chased the spirit away. As I noticed this I began to pray as we walked. That I would be able to change my thoughts, that I could love her as God does and that I could have a softened heart. A block or two later I noticed a complete change. It was so amazing! I was happy again and I could feel the Spirit. I was no longer angry and hurt from what this woman had said and done. It was such a testimony builder to me that God truly is there listening to and answering our prayers. It is amazing how seemingly simple it is to change your attitude when you have a sincere desire and ask for help. I love this gospel and how we can be strengthened and helped just by a simple conversation with God. PRAYER works, try it! I love you all! have a great week!
S laskou,
Sestra Hicken
| happy st. patty's day! |
No comments:
Post a Comment