Wow, what a great week this has been! It is so much fun working with Sister Huggard. She is such a sweetheart and I can already see that I have a lot to learn from her. I love her and am grateful for this privelage to serve and learn from her. SHe is from Utah and is the 4 of 7 kids. She has all sisters except 1 'lonely' older brother. :D
This week has been full of a lot of lessons falling through and getting lost in Prauge, but it has been quite the adventure of fun. The Lord knows where He needs us and it is a lot easier to get us there when we are lost because we are a lot more reliant on following what we feel rather than knowledge of how to get somewhere, a few extra detours but it has been wonderful. I met a wonderful lady on the tram who was really sweet and interested in family histroy and many other little miracles. We were incharge of deciding where the family history display would be and for some reason I couldn't think of anywhere that we do displays and the only thing coming to mind was Karlovo Namesti. So that is where we went. I don't know if there is a namesti there or not but we found a nice big park where we had the display. I was completely lost and none of us had ever done a display there so we just made it work and we found some really awesome people. We met a man named Romeo and we just had a lesson with him and it was wonderful! He is amazing and I can't wait to meet with him again. He talked all about how he is so connected with God that God will tell him if he should read in the book of mormon or meet with us again. He is very sincere and even though he wouldn't commit to anything, he took the book of mormon and I have full faith that Romeo will be roaming around the building in the comings weeks as we start to meet more often with him. It was really neat to listen to him tell us different experiences he has had with God and how open he is in prayer and how he wont just read something but truly study it. He was talking all about how he studies and he seems like he would be a very diligent studier. He doesn't belive Jesus is his Savior, just a good example so there is a little more growth to be made but one step at a time, we are really excited about him.
We met with a former this week and you can see his potential and he knows so much and we would love to teach him but he is just scared and worried, he just isn't willing to try and act. It is so sad! I wish we could have done something more but it is his choice unfortunately. It is amazing how disappointed you feel when someone you just met gives up so much because of fear! Wow, it is amazing to see just how much we truly have and how much it means to us. Gives a better understanding for why we are here and why we stay and continue on every day as missionaries. It is such and amazing work and I am so grateful for this privelage!
Honza our recent convert is so great we had him teach us the restoration (all alone as if he was the missionary) as practice for teaching with the missionaries and he just gets so excited to teach that sometimes he just throws everything at you. It reminded me of trying to teach in the mtc at times. But it was great becasue when we asked questions he would just testify about what he knew. He has such a strong testimony! He is a wonderful kid!
Life is just so great as a missionary, I am so glad that I can be here and share my testimony everyday, get lost in this wonderful part of the world and just enjoy the beauty that is around me. This week we will have zone conference and President Teixeira will be here to teach us. As a leader in the mission we will get to have a special training with him. We are so excited! It is going to be wonderful! I can't wait for wednesday! :D This is the best time to be a missionary! Find a way to brighten someones day with this message of hope and happiness!
Love you all,
Sestra Hicken
| dinner with evie |
| before the barefoot run |
| one of many metro stops |
| Ivan and Marketa came with us to Lidice |
| crazy transfers day - in prague you get to see lots of people as it is a common transfer spot and you get to be lots of peoples companions so they are never alone! |
No comments:
Post a Comment