All about me

Sister Hicken:
You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Czech/Slovak Mission. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 18 months.
You should report to the Provo Missionary training Center on Wednesday, January 23, 2013. You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Czech language.

Monday, December 9, 2013

Ahoj,

KAT'KA is getting baptized on Saturday!!!! It will be in Prague, I hope to get permission to go. I am pretty sure I will as President is awesome. But it is so exciting because she was taught for like a lesson maybe two before me and then a couple after I left and now she is getting baptized!!! I am so excited for her! She is such a sweetheart! I love her to death!

So Elder Cizek is a gem. He is the one that did all the work to get the apartment together and teach us all about everyone here and all sorts of stuff. I can't imagine what it must have been like, but we are so grateful. On Tuesday we had just pulled everything out of the fridge to start making dinner and then we get a phone call from him asking are you hungry? We were think well this is odd, yes, why do you want to know. Then he asked do you want a new investigator? Honestly what kind of question is that? YES!!! Then he said, go to this restaurant and talk with the waitress. So that is what we did! She isn't quite a new investigator yet as we haven't prayed with her but we have a good relationship and we share short spiritual thoughts. She is such a sweetheart I love Eva! She used to be a professional soccer player! We brought her in an invitation to a Christmas party and some chocolate chip cookies, she was so excited she hugged us! You may think OK whatever. But Czech people do not hug! It is really not something they do so I was way shocked, we had only talked with her once or twice and she was already hugging us! WE love her to death and can't wait to teach her more. She won't commit to meeting before Christmas with her crazy schedule. But she tells us every time she works and gives us the slow hours so we can come in and talk with her. IT is SO wonderful!

We got five new investigators this week so that was really exciting. I just love working here and with these people! It is so amazing what a little faith and hard work can do. The Lord truly loves us and is helping us out in the work. Just because the weather is cold, the Lord doesn't stop preparing people. Now is the best time to be teaching the message of the gospel as it is centered on Christ and this time of year is also centered on Christ. Everyone needs a warm heart when it is so cold outside (unless of course your name is Sister Shakespear then it won't be cold outside)

So as a goal we want to contact and invite every less active in our area to the Christmas party on the 21. Well yesterday we realized that we have to contact everyone this week as the ward needs a weeks notice to order the food! So we have our work cut out for us but we will do it! We got a hold of a lady yesterday and she seemed really shocked! She is setting up for us to visit tomorrow though so that is exciting. I love this work and these people! They are so wonderful. I have really enjoyed the opportunity to bake cookies and muffins and different things to take around to people to say hi and let them know we love them. I just love this time of year! It is even neater when we tell people that we live here and want to visit them and serve them. They are all in shock because missionaries have ALWAYS been in Jicin. The work is truly moving forward and people are opening their doors and hearts. We are here to help and I just love it!

Funny story. So we got our new cell phone and as we were unpacking I noticed that the phone time was different than the time on my clock so figuring that the clock got changed in the luggage and all I aligned the clock to the phone. Little did I know my companion did the same. Later I noticed my watch was off. Thinking that was kind of odd I changed it and moved on. Fast forward about 20 hours and we are walking home from an appointment. We hear the city clock tower go off telling us it is 8:45. We are shocked thinking we won't make it home in time we then look at our phone ad realize it says 8:23. Thinking this is way strange we called the Elders (the only number we had for like 3 days) and they told us that our phone was 22 minutes off. SO little did we know we were 22 minutes off all day on Tuesday. ha ha wow!

So I have found that I am really good at contacting drunk men. We had a drunk man try to hug us! ha ha it was crazy! But don't worry about us, the drunks here are so nice! :) Well that is all for today. If I would have remembered my camera cable I could have sent pictures, but I forgot it so sorry! maybe next week. It is wonderful here I love it even if the sun never shines and it is dark by 4 actually it is almost dark now. odd oh haha it is ten to 4 ha ah

anyway love you tons!
Sestra Hicken

No comments:

Post a Comment