All about me

Sister Hicken:
You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Czech/Slovak Mission. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 18 months.
You should report to the Provo Missionary training Center on Wednesday, January 23, 2013. You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Czech language.

Monday, December 23, 2013

Vesele Vanoce!!!! Merry Christmas‏

Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes! I appreciate it! It was a great day! We were at a resturant getting some drinks and chatting and this drunk guy came and chatted for a little and was trying to buy us drinks. It was hilarious!
He was asking if we spoke english which he didn't, at least not in the state he was and then was yelling across the resturant to his friends telling them everything. It was hilarious! This week has been crazy! As a new way of trakting we went out caroling to people and they loved it! We found that if you try to ask if you can sing for them they say no but if you just start singing then they listen and love it and then we can chat after. It surprises me how they all think we want money, we just want to share a message about Christ. Unfortunately no one let us in but we gave some awesome doorstep messages and gave out some living Christs. :) In our attempts to find service this past week we almost committed to buying the food for the entire homeless shelter for christmas day. So we get a phone call and my sweet companion answers it and talks for a while thinking it was our realitor who wants us to teach her sons english. (She had called earlier) After the call I asked what the service place wanted. She looks at me and says what that was the service place? I am completely lost! I thought that was the realitor wanting us to teach her sons about groceries and shopping! So I called them back and talked to them and asked what they wanted and ended up setting up an appointment for later to meet and talk in person. IT was really funny. I love that girl. We now get to teach english at the homeless shelter every week so that is great!
So we have met with this less active we have visited twice. WE kept meaning to talk to the elders and find out a little more about her. Well come to find out the elders had tried to teach her with no such luck. They could go in but anytime that the gospel was brought up, there was no teaching about it. But when we have gone we have always been welcomed with open arms and we have shared thoughts on CHrist and she has loved it! She was the one who cried when we taught her. IT is so neat to see the way being paved for us. The Lord is here working with us! Just like it says in Luke 1:37 :)
Well that is about all i have time for, we had an awesome CHristmas party and Christmas concert, it was really fun! I love this work and this opportunity that I have to teach about Jesus Christ as our Savior! What a blessing it is to know that because of Him we have the opportunity to live with our Heavenly Father! Wow what blessings we have! I love this work! I love you and hope you have a wonderful Christmas!
Sestra Hicken

No comments:

Post a Comment