All about me

Sister Hicken:
You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Czech/Slovak Mission. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 18 months.
You should report to the Provo Missionary training Center on Wednesday, January 23, 2013. You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Czech language.

Saturday, April 19, 2014

What a week! So my companion got sick so we have had a few days at the apartment, but it has been such a HUGE blessing! I have had time to do a lot of organizing, calls and different things that are really important to missionary work but a lot of times are overlooked because teaching takes priority. So it has been wonderful. You would think being in your apartment for a few days would get really hard, cabin fever or something but the Lord has truly blessed us. I have sat down and worked on things and just got sucked in and completed it and before I know it, a couple hours have gone by! I have come to the realization that I really like to accomplish one thing before moving onto the next. Sister McConkie told me that her son Hyrum was so excited to hear that I was coming to Prague, she told me that he has been praying that I would come here. He is such a sweetheart! I think he is 10 or 11. Sister Munro told me that I need to tell you all to write me lots because I can get letters the day they come in, a blessing of serving in Prague.

We had an awesome contact this week. We had 20 minutes before our next appointment so we headed to the park to contact and on our way we saw a man coming up the street, he wasn't where we were planning to go but we changed our course and went to talk to him. He said he had met the missionaries 6 years ago and that he wasn't a believer. We had a really neat conversation with him and then got him on a building tour. He is really interested and wants to meet next week. It was just really neat to see him change from I am not a believer and you are wasting your time to having interest in what we are sharing. He took a Book of Mormon and promised to read in it.

so i have some sad news... Stanislav went to the doctors this week for routine checkups and they kept him in intensive care. They said that he was a lot worse than they thought. He has lung cancer and it has spread like crazy. He doesn't want to do anything about it and initially he didn't really want to talk. So I sent him a text and the next day he called and told me thank you. He then said I don't want anyone to be sad or worried because of me. then in English he said, "don't worry, be happy". Sounds like they have given him 3 months to live and he got out of the hospital as fast as he could and said i want to live the time I have left the way that I want to. He wants to come and see the Prague building so he will probably come visit next week. He is so appreciative for the gospel in his life and is such an amazing example of faith and dedication. I love him!!! Well that is all that i have time for, hope you have a wonderful Easter weekend, don't forget the true reason we celebrate. I am so grateful for this time to reflect on the life of our Savior and all that He has done for us, it is so neat to study the scriptures everyday and learn more about Him!

I love you!
Sestra Hicken

Cool Car

Crazy Weather

Crazy Weather
the sky last night

the start of the Easter treat we are making for the missionaries and mcconkies, that requires 20! so many of us! ha ha
cakeballs that a member made! so fun (bunnies diving into the ground)

No comments:

Post a Comment