Wow this Saturday e-mailing is throwing me off! So the lilacs are in full bloom! They smell so wonderful! I just love it. Everytime I walk outside I get a huge wiff of them and it just makes me feel at home and makes me think of you mom! Remember that Lilac bush you used to have outside your window? Since my companion was still sick last week, I got to make phone calls (I still hate talking on the phone, especially in czech!) but it is good for me, it makes me grow and i have many chances to start over. You'd think the dislike for it would go down where I have to do it so much on the mission but it is still there. Anywho I called this man who had been meeting with the Sisters back in December and then he just stopped answering thier calls. So i called and he answered and before I could say much he asked, are you going to have an easter service on sunday? I told him yes and then he said alright I will be there and hung up. I was in a little shock and relized he may not know the time. So i texted him the next day and he said he would come at 10. I was like what the first hour is the most important. So i texted and invited him to come to the first hour if he could because it was the most important and some other stuff just testifying about it in hopes he would make it a priority and come. Well he didn't. After church the relief society had some little cookies and easter bread for everyone. It was there that I was told Tomas the man I invited was there. So I went over and chatted with him for a while. He was really nice and he really enjoyed church. He then went into how he loves the priesthood session and sunday school is good but the first session, sacrament meeting just doesnt do anything for him, he finds it silly. So we just chatted for a good half hour about why he felt that way and I would respond to his concerns and testify about why we take the sacrament and what it means and all sorts of different things. It was really interesting to see how he changed and had more of an interest in it. It is amazing how people make things up in their head when they don't know. He hadn't ever been taught about church so he had no clue why we took the sacrament or even needed it. He knew it represented Christ but didn't like the idea of canabolism. So I assured him that it wasn't canabolism and talked about how the bread and water are symbols that help us to remember Christ and his life, what He did for us. He wasn't sure why whe needed it. He talked about how he really enjoyed the conversation we had and how I wasn't just repeating something I had read or memorized, that I had my own thoughts and was sharing them with him. He is willing to meet with us but was really busy last week, i am so excited to meet with him. He is a really neat man and way nice! I can't wait to help answer his questions and teach him this gospel that brings me so much joy! It was a neat testimony builder and strength to me to get to talk with Tomas because it helped me to be more confident in the abilities the Lord has given me. He truly blesses us with what we need when we need it. He is so amazing! Just have faith and rely on Him! He will never lead you astray! It is so grand!!! i just love it!
We got to go to President McConkies with all the missionaries and eat dinner there for Easter, it was quite the party! There were 20 of us! It was so neat, we read the story of the resurrection in Luke and then sat down together and enjoyed the celebration. What a wonderful time of year. I just love my companion sister Roubickova, we have had the opportunity to grow close fast as we have been able to be together alone in our apartment for a week. She is so sweet and wants so badly to do the work the Lord has for her. We are so grateful to be serving together. I have had some questions on what a sister trainer leader is. Basically we are the relief scociety. we check in on the sisters it is great and we teach in training and also go on exchanges. it is wonderful!
That is all i have time for love you!
Sestra Hicken
Can I just say I live in the most beautiful place on earth!!! I am such a blessed person!
| Stanislav learning to use chopsticks from Sister Munro |
| Stanislav and I in the YSA room at the church, really comfy couches |
| the train station here is huge! there are seven different platforms, look at all the tracks! |
easter dinner with the mcconkies and missionaries, what a party!
most of the food, fruit and rolls and dessert were in the other room on the table |
| fountain up the street from my place, a few tram stops away |
No comments:
Post a Comment