All about me

Sister Hicken:
You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Czech/Slovak Mission. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 18 months.
You should report to the Provo Missionary training Center on Wednesday, January 23, 2013. You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Czech language.

Saturday, May 3, 2014

What a Week

Ahoj! 

Life is spectacular, so the baptism last week for the elders investigator went wonderful! We have one with ours, Honza, here in a couple of hours and one of the other elders investigators, Jiri. Honza is so amazing he is 20 and just loves everything we teach. He just accepts it and wants to go on a mission. He travels 3 hours on a train to get to Prague. Talk about dedication to come to church on a day he isn't normally in Prague or last week when he came to the baptism because we asked him to. After church last week Honza walked around and was talking to anyone and everyone! He is just best friends with everyone it is so great, he is so aware of others and wants everyone to be included! He is just so amazing and he sees Gods hand in his life. He recognizes the little miracles it is so neat. He loves reading in the scriptures and understands them really well, he always pulls out really good verses and talks about why he likes them. It is really neat. I just love this work and seeing people make changes and the joy that it brings into their lives. I can not explain it but it makes every second worth it! 

Sister Roubickova and I made a few goals so we can be more dedicated and one of those goals was to contact on every form of transportation no matter how long it was. So of course when you make a goal like this the Lord will test you to see how dedicated/diligent you are to it. So the night we made that goal we were doing great contacting and talking with lots of people. Then the last tram we got on there were three people on it and they were all in the same area. One was on the phone and it was just one of those situations you think this is going to be so awkward! Since there are two of us that only left one person to not get contacted. So the man on the phone hung up and i said hello. he looked at me and asked if we knew each other. I said no and then chatted and ended up getting his number and an appointment! Talk about blessings when we follow through with what we commit to! The work is amazing I just love it! 

We also wanted to be better about doing what our back up plans are, no matter what! So when our lesson fell through we headed down the street to go contacting, we talked with the first person we saw and got his number. Then when our next lesson fell through we had building tours on plan. That means standing outside and getting people to want a tour of the building, which is really great but it isn't so great when it is raining and way windy, especially in skirts, but we went out anyway. As we were standing there wondering if it was really an effective use of our time, our umbrella flipped inside out and at the same time the first person walked by and we stopped him and were inside. Jakub is amazing, he really enjoyed the building tour and said he would come to church. We set up to meet with him and met Wednesday morning. So amazing all the blessing we get as we do what the Lord wants us to be doing. When you plan, be inspired and then stick to it. It is so great, LOVE IT! The Lord gives us these lessons and they fall through just to put us exactly where He needs us to be so we can meet someone else that is ready or just needs a chat. 

We texted a less active named Tereza that we have never had much success with but we have really wanted to get in contact with her because we just felt like we needed to. So in the text we signed it Sestry Roubickova a Hicken. Well she responded back and asked if we could meet. We ended up meeting and come to find out Elder Hicken baptized her and Elder Roubick (my companions brother) was one of her friends when he was here. It is so neat how the Lord works to get done what he wants and needs. She is so sweet and while she is unsure if she wants to do anything to do with religion she recognized the happiness and joy that has been missing in her life since stopping coming to church. 

Training was amazing! We had to teach and everyone said we did amazing. We made a few funny videos of what not to do and then got into preach my gospel and the scriptures to teach what we need to do and testified about why it is important and how it has helped us. It is amazing how we are given things to teach that we need to improve! It was a great learning experience and everyone seemed to love it. 

This week we have had a lot of faith lessons- planning lessons that aren't confirmed and then searching for them and getting them. It is amazing how when we have a high vision and then work with great faith the miracles flow. It has been so neat to see this happen again and again this week. I am overwhelmed as I look back through just this past week and see all the miracles that have happened that I have written down and I am so glad that I have taken the time to write down these daily miracles so I can remember because most of them I had forgotten. (a lot of what I have written today is because of these miracle notes) 

We went on exchanges this week. We went to Ostrava which was not what we had initially planned. I know that the Lord is so in charge of this work as we were planning to go else where and we just didn't feel right about it so at the end of last week we changed it and I tell you what being in Ostrava was what we all needed. It was so neat to be there and just be able to learn from Sisters Senkane and Huggard. They are amazing. As we studied, worked and taught all four of us received answers to our prayers and concerns. It is so neat how the Lord can just fix all problems with something so simple. I LOVE exchanges! I am excited for the next few. I wonder where the Lord will send us this time! Plzen, Ceske Budjejovice or Mlada Boleslav. 

While on exchanges i got to teach a sweet 16 year old girl named Tereza. She is so sweet! She really loves that gospel and is just so happy on life! We taught her about the plan of salvation and how we lived before this life and she was just so happy to know it and thanked us a billion times for telling her and giving her that knowledge. She just cant wait to learn more and wants to meet as often as she can. She is so great and comes from a family that doesn't believe so that is a hard change to be making but she is doing great! 

Sorry I can't write more or should I say sorry for writing so much. ha ha the Lord is there and loves you, turn to Him. Tell Him your goals and believe He will help you achieve it. You can do anything, go for it! Luke 1:37 :D I love being a missionary!!!!! 

S laskou, 
Sestra Hicken

The one in the suit was baptized last Saturday and we have two more today! The lady in black is waiting to get married so she can be baptized (the mom of the one that was baptized) and all the others are some of the people who have been baptized in Prague within my time on the mission.

Singing display in Prague. We sing and then a few of us go out and contact. There are two elders missing and us sisters and two senior couples missing but that makes up the Prague district, it is HUGE!!! I am used to a total of two maybe six missionaries not this 12 missionaries!

Sister Huggard and I in Ostrava, such a wonderful exchange!

No comments:

Post a Comment