Ahoj!
We had an awesome exchange in Plzen this week. Sister Cooper and Sister Rosenvall are there serving together. So it was fun to go down and work with those sisters. I was with Sister Rosenvall and we had a blast. It was really neat to know eachothers goals and to help push eachother towards them and then see miracles happen. We were walking along a mostly diserted street and Sister Rosenvall was telling me a story. There was a lady standing in front of her panalok waiting for someone to come and pick her up. I smiled at her as we wakled by and she just lit up. As Sister Rosenvall finished what she was saying and we neared the corner I looked at Sister Rosenvall and said that lady had a really nice smile, we should go back and talk to her. Sister Rosenvall kind of looked at me and said ok, I'll follow you. It was about then I realized what I said and what I just got myself into. So I turned around and we walked to her. I got up in front of her still having no clue what to say. I said hello and then my mouth was filled. I simply thanked her for her beautiful smile and she lit up and laughed and thanked me. She said jsem stara kolena - I'm and old knee and went on to say no one has ever told me that and it turned into an amazing contact. She really opened up to us telling us all about her family and in the end we got her name and number. She was so happy and we made her day and she made ours. I can't belive I almost passed her up. It just goes to show we never know who is ready and we just need to follow those little thoughts that come to us. It wasn't easy, but it was well worth it! One of our little miracles of the exchange.
We had a concert yesterday! It was wonderful...sort of. I had one of those really embarassing moments and since I never tell anything funny anymore I will share it with you. Although I don't think it will come across funny as i have no clue how to explaibn it. Basically it was a restoration concert and so we all had different parts to teach and testify about. I was incharge of prayer, easy right? Well I got up infront of everyone and at that point it didn't matter how many times I had rehearsed it, my czech was gone and I couldn't say anything. I attempted to explain prayer and it basically came out as a jumbled mess making no sense, but I did get out a testimony of prayer and that worked out well. I just cant teach or talk infront of people. you would think that fear would be gone by now, NOPE! ha ha it was great. Also i was in a quartet for lead kindly light, that was nerve racking! AHHH! but it all went well.The 18 was Wilson McConkies birthday. He wanted to have a birthday party with the missionaries so being a lucky prague missionary, we got to do some service and celebrate Wilsons birthday by playing some basketball with him! It was so much fun! I forgot how much fun it is to play sports! We played revenge. That is speed but when the person gets out who got you out, you get to go back in. So basically to win you have to get every single person out. It was a lot of fun and before we knew it Sister McConkie said it is 9 so we are going to play one quick round of normal speed for a winner. It was so much fun! Even funner that I took 3rd! ha ha Got to love getting the Elders out! :D I love the McConkies so much!
President McConkie is so amazing, I have no clue how he does all that he does but this transfer he had interviews with every single missionary, there are about 100 of us between the two countries so he has been traveling around to interview us all and it isn't like he is like oh sorry your 10 minutes is up, in and out. But he sits you down and chats with you and gets to know you better and you spend a good 30+ minutes talking about anything and everything. It is so amazing how he is raising and caring for his family, all the missionaries, he is the stake president and is running the mission. He has so many responsibilities and meetings yet he makes time for the individual it is so amazing! He truly exemplifies the attributes of Christ, it is so neat to serve around him and learn from him.
Well today I had an awesome study on the atonement of Jesus Christ. I would reccomend reading the BYU devotional called "the root of Christianity" it is really good! I love it! It was really interesting to read about the importance of the atonement and the realization of how many things truly relate to the atonement. The guy that gave it was once a stake president and he and his presidency decided that the stake needed to better understand the importance of the atonement, as Christ as thier Savior. They talked about people having faith in Christ but as a friend and not as thier Savior and Redeemer. So their solution was that every talk and lesson given within the church meetings had to be related directly to the atonement. If you could find a way to relate it to the atonement then it probably wasn't something that should be taught in the three precious hours of church. It was really interesting and made me wonder how well I do at bringing the atonement into contacts and every lesson. He goes on to discuss when Christ appeared in the Americas in 3 Nefi 11, he discusses the atonement and also about the only first person account we have of Christ speaking about the atonement in the Doctorine and covenants 19. I don't want to spoil the talk for you but it is really good! I loved that study this morning! But I just want each of you to know that I know that Jesus is my Savior and Redeemer and He is yours as well. He knows exactly how we feel and He knows perfectly what we need. We just need to trust in Him, have faith, He is there for you. He will help you, He LOVES YOU! I am so grateful for the past few months in Prague, my testimony of Jesus Christ truly has been strengthened and I have learned so much about how to apply His attributes into my life. It is so amazing to study His attributes in preach my gospel and then to go to the new testiment and read and find those attributes in what Jesus is doing. He is everything he claims to be.
Well that is all love you tons!
Sestra Hicken
No comments:
Post a Comment