All about me

Sister Hicken:
You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Czech/Slovak Mission. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 18 months.
You should report to the Provo Missionary training Center on Wednesday, January 23, 2013. You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Czech language.

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Wow, so much is happening so fast I don’t even know where to start. So saying goodbye to Mlada Boleslav was one of the hardest things I have done in my entire life. But I made a commitment that I would také that desire to think about and desire to work in MB and make that drive me here in Prague. We had so many wonderful things about to happen in MB and I left just before, but I know that SIster Schoen and Steglich will do amazing there. They had the RS activity in MB and had a great turn out! That was exciting to hear about. It just sounds like things are moving along for them and that brings me so much joy! Saying goodbye to Stanislav was probably the hardest goodbye. After sacrament meeting everyone was telling me bye and were so sad. I could see Stanislav standing there waiting so I went over to talk to him and I basically cried. He is so amazing! He keeps telling me thank you so much for changing my life for....What he doesn't realize is that he is the one that changed my life. As we stood there talking with tears in our eyes I realized just how amazing a mission truly is. You work so hard and give so much of yourself and it truly changes you and you don't realize the impact you make on others around you. I love those moments of reflection where you get to actually see how much others have changed you, but at the same time I hate it because that means something wonderful is ending. But because the Lord loves us, He has something great in store for us. With talking to different members it was amazing to see how much they love us and support us. They talked a lot about the strength and power we had brought into the branch, how they had never had such a strength with the missionaries and how they were really going to miss having all of us there. I know that the missionaries coming in will make it even better. It is so neat to see the progress!!! I love this work! 

I had never wanted to serve in Prague, so I obviously cursed myself, but being here the past few days, i can see that it is exactly what I need. It is a HUGE city and I am surrounded by missionaries, there are 4 sets of elders the 2 senior couples and the mission president and his family, it is crazy but it is such a great experience. WE have a huge district and you get to learn so much from the others. It is so different than being in a city all by yourself, it is kind of a culture shock but what do you do. They closed down the other sister area here in prague so we have been busy taking over two areas and trying to get to know everyone the other sisters were teachnig and for me getting to know the ones sister roubickova was teaching. It is so neat and I LOVE it! 

We just watched the two saturday sessions of general conference and it was AMAZING! It is so neat the themes that come out as they teach from the revelation they have received. The main topics I am picking up on are the importance of families-being united and discipleship. i just love it. I love how you can receive revelation to your own personal questions and how talks just seem to be written just for you. One of my favorite talks this far was President Eyrings, it was so wonderful! So good! So much has happened but time is short so i will have to be going but know that I love you and I am LOVING serving the Lord with all that I have. It is so neat how the Lord can teach you and prepare you and then you go to conference or a training and you learn that same thing from them and it just reinforces the testimony you just gained. I know this gospel is true and that Christ is really the foundation of this church. When we learn more about Christ everything becomes a little clearer. It has been neat to study a CHristlike attribute and then open up my bible and see that attribute in the life of Christ it is really there, He really did live the perfect life! Love you tons! Sestra Hicken

Tomas opened his mission call yesterday, he is headed to the Alpine germany mission he is so excited! We currently have one missionary out from our mission but we have recently had tons get calls. Some places include New zealand, calgary canada, ireland, etc so exciting!
Vlastik, awesome investigator - gave me going away flowers

Roubickova and I-new comp, amazing girl
martincovi with thier granddaughter (one of the most amazing couples ever!)
probably the hardest goodbye- he made me tear up...
part of the simkovi- they are so amazing! they said to come visit! love them so much! they said they would come to conference tomorrow! woot

sister ponikelska

sister neskarova

podlipni
RS activity failed but we helped bring it up- they are so sweet and it was so fun!
glass eleveator - MB

English class with Erik and Jakob
Me, Schoen, Dan, Julie, Filip - our teens english class
Schoen and I at the clock tower in Jicin
The view from the top of the clock tower, Jicin is a beautiful place, it is a fairytale land

MB- Schoen Lucka (investigator) with her son. Mariana and SIster Ginova
Lucka is the daughter and mariana is the nephews ex :)

No comments:

Post a Comment