2/18/2013
Where to start. Well, I must say that I LOVED my package, so Thank You very much! It was so fun to get. The post area was so over loaded with packages. I went back in the evening to get it because they had closed to organize. The people at the front of the HUGE line had been waiting 45 minutes already! The message hearts - I wondered if you had gone through and sent specific ones because the fist one I saw was 'miss you' and the second was 'e-mail me'. ha ha it was great. I loved the delicious homemade treats as well. (My district enjoyed them too : ) )
As I was wondering what to say to Karel (I still haven't written her) a joke came to mind. What is the difference between the MTC and prison? Prison gets visitors ha ha. I figured I probably shouldn't send that though.
I think you should see if you can figure out what the name of this song is because it is beautiful. An Elder sang it before a talk; beautiful! ♫You can believe in Chirst♫you can receive the Christ...you can embrace His words♫.., come and receive Jesus Christ♫ Also, when they play prelude music they keep playing Lord Dismiss Us with Thy Blessing and it makes me think 'Go tell Aunt Rhode...'
This week I've prayed for help to rely more fully on Lord. Well, we were preparing a lesson and felt no sure guidance on what to do. My companion got frustrated and shut down and so I said we were fine. We had a plan and we'd just follow the spirit; it will all work out, etc. The I remembered I'd been praying for reliance on the Lord. I mentioned that to her and she was not pleased with me. I was laughing to my self. And guess what, the lesson went perfectly fine. She did wonderful. I led out and she took off like a bullet. It was funny though.
About seeing Justin (Packer) THAT was a funny experience. I see a lot of people around, it is wonderful! Anywho, when I ran into Justin it was like my second day and it was at breakfast. I said "Hey, Elder Packer!"he looked at me and said "Stephanie! I mean Elder Hicken, uhhh Sister Hicken, it is so great to see you1" ha ha ha I was cracking up way hard (internally, I hope nothing but a smile escaped my mouth)
I think that is about all that has happened. There was a sister at TRC that grew up in Slovakia. We talked to her and she showed us the Slovak Book of Mormon. They are so tiny, no footnotes or Bible dictionary or anything. Crazy. They just came out Wednesday and she had one on Thursday. She had to order it from Logan. The MTC doesn't even have them yet. Anywho, times up. I better go. Love you a whole heap!
Tuesday, February 26, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment