Ahoj,
So I don't know if you have heard, but the other day they announced our mission presidency. They didn't say who was serving where until a little later, but we had already figured it out. Our new mission president will be James McConkie III. They also created 58 new missions around the world, awesome? I think so! Supossedly there are Hickens in Orem, I got asked if a knew Rachel Hicken, a good friend of one of the Elders. Hickens are everywhere! Mom the mission flag you are missing is either Slovak or Croatian I would say.
So last week we taught Petra a lesson and it went spectacular. I will try to be brief. Basically we had a huge lesson plan and right before the lesson we felt that we needed to go a different way so we threw it out the window and decided to focus on the chapter we had given her to read. Alma 42 I think. We had gone to the temple earlier that day and, not knowing it, we had both been praying for Petra and knowing where to go with the lesson. We then showed up to our lesson and I felt we needed to ask her some questions, figure out where she was. I simply asked what she had understood from what we had taught her so far. I didn't expect much from the question, but I guess it was an inspired question because the next thing I knew, she was bearing her testimony to us and she then realized that she understood the necessity and importance of Christ. It was so awesome because we have been teaching her about Christ for about seven or so lessons because she couldn't understand why he was important and why she needed him to repent and all sorts of stuff so it was a really awesome experience!
It was really nice Tuesday, the sun was out and shining so we decided to go and study outside. I must say that is the most focused study of language I have ever had! It was glorious to be out in the sun and enjoy the wonderful weather. Then a day or two later it began to snow and so no more studying outside. :( But the flakes were big and fluffy, so fun to watch. Hope you skiers and boarders are taking advantage of it for me! I am wondering if it is the bipolar weather that is causing everyone around here to get sick. Seems like almost everyone in my class is on their death beds, luckily I have managed to escape with just a cold that started the other day, hopefully it doesn't get worse. A teacher of ours has bronchitis. :S
The other day we got to go on splits. That was neat, they just had us go with one of the other classes teachers so we would have a senior companion. I got to go with the Slovak teacher Bratr Carrier and we taught Honza. We taught all about the importance of baptism and faith and then committed him to read and pray daily as well as be baptized on the 16 of March. My companion committed Petra for the same day when she was on splits so we have a goal set and we are working. It is interesting to see how some investigators go so much faster than others. Petra has been taught 5 or 6 times more than Honza, but we are in the exact same place with lessons and everything, it is so neat to see them progress.
Funny story time. So there is an elder in our group, Starsi Jaynes and during laundry last week he just dumped his bag of clothes into the washer and started it. Unknown to him was the fact that he had his box of dryer sheets in the bag, so those ended up in the washer with all of his white shirts. He said when he opened the washer there was all sorts of garbage. He then realized it was his dryer sheets and the nice orange cardboard Bounce box all over with his shirts. He had a time cleaning that up and didn't notice until the other day that his white shirts now have orange spots all over them. So he is going to get to buy more shirts unless he can get that out. It was so funny how unhappy he was about it, yet he was laughing at the same time. He also mentioned that one of the soggy dryer sheets had the lettering of bounce printed on it perfectly. It's a good thing that it was the dryer sheet and not a shirt although that would have been hilarious! I don't know if that is funny to you, maybe you'd have to be here and know him, but it was great.
On Wednesdays we have service at 6 AM and we get to clean 19m, one of the buildings here. This week we got to do the ghost buster vacuums, I even had my camera so we got some pictures, I will have to send them to you!
This week we learned all about cases in the Czech language, it is so crazy! There are 7 different cases and they gave them all to us this week. Talk about information overload. I still struggle with the verb conjugation and the masculine/feminine conjugation for the words. so much to learn still! :) Well hopefully not learn any more just get down what has been taught, bet that isn't the case though, ha ha!
One day we were all eating Skittles and one of the elders claimed there was no difference in the taste so we ended up buying lots of Skittles and having a taste test and it is amazing how many couldn't tell much of a difference or how confident others were that it was one color and it was completely different. It made for some good laughs. Well time is up love you and hope you are enjoying life!
Sestra Hicken
No comments:
Post a Comment