Thursday, February 7, 2013

February 4

Now I have a story to tell that I feel you will enjoy. For dinner the other night they were serving Sweet & Sour Chicken. I thought it sounded WONDERFUL so I jumped in the outrageously long line. My companion wasn't up for the line so I pulled out the white bible and read (while I waited alone in line). I finally got  a tray and then as I was going to grab a plate of food, there was none! They said they were waiting on the chicken. So I read until it was ready. Finally I took my food to my seat, prayed and began eating, intent on listening to conversations. Well I looked down after a few bites as I cut into my chicken only to notice it wasn't cooked all the way through. In fact it looked thawed in the center and breaded on the outside. I was completely disgusted as I was sure the few bites I ate were raw. I went up and told one of the servers, she apologized and said she'd  tell the cook. They just kept serving it though and many elders were popping the whole thing in at once. So don't worry mom, you aren't the only one serving missionaries raw chicken! I figure the Lord must have blessed it as I was not and haven't gotten sick - yet :) The Elders in my group were glad I found it as they wouldn't have cut theirs open.

We went to the temple this morning and boy, was it glorious. You sure were married in a beautiful place! We decided to do initiatory and go to the celestial room. There was a cute old lady that came in and I couldn't help but picture her as Grandma Hicken. I chatted with her a little. She has worked there 18 years. She knew Grandma's name but that was about it. As I finish initiatory she gave me a great big hug and thanked me for coming. I love cute little ladies. Especially ones that remind me of Grandma Hicken.

The celestial room was wonderful, so quiet and peaceful. A session was finishing and as I sat with my eyes closed I couldn't help but imagine being in heaven with people waiting at the gate to enter. As I watched people enter I remembered a talk that someone gave and said, "Heaven wouldn't be complete without your family." For some reason this really resonated with me today. As I write, I remember Elder Holland said it, and he also said it wouldn't be Heaven for Heavenly Father without all His children, so we have a lot of work to do. Anyway the temple was really great today and has helped me to better see my purpose as I sit here and write it out.

I'm glad that my mission pictures turned out well. I hope you choose a good one for my plaque! Don't get me a sticky note! But if you do, you had better save it for me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment